Super Bowl Sunday – Great game day food ideas!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ¾ cup Stonewall Kitchen Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Toss chicken wings with oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Place the chicken wings onto the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Flip pieces and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the pieces are golden brown.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with Buffalo Wing Sauce. Return to baking sheet and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
For Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower toss 4 cups of cauliflower slices with 2 tablespoons of Stonewall Kitchen Buffalo Wing Sauce and two tablespoons of olive oil. Salt and Pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes and serve with a Blue Cheese Dip mixture of sour cream, mayo and blue cheese.
We also recommend…
Boozy Bacon Barbecue Sauce
It’s thick, rich and zesty with bits of real bacon, onion, spices and a dash or two of smooth bourbon. Slather it on beef kabobs, pour it on racks of ribs, tossed with pulled pork for fun sliders or served up on the side as a dip. One taste, and you’ll want more!
Stonewall Kitchen’s Spicy Corn Relish
Perfect addition to any Mexican or Tex-Mex Dish.
Our Southwest inspired Spicy Corn Relish will add a nice kick to your favorite Mexican and TexMex cuisine. Spice up a plate of nachos, load onto fish tacos or use as an accompaniment with your highly acclaimed chili. You may even want to turn it up a notch for your next playoff party.
Also try Stonewall Kitchen’s salsas…Peach Salsa, Mango Lime Salsa, Spicy Tomato Salsa and Black Bean Salsa. Their Chipotle Aioli also makes a great dip for French fries.
We also carry salsas from Dessert Pepper Salsas that bring interesting flavours to the table…Fire Roasted Habanero Salsa, Two Olive Roasted Garlic Salsa, Tequila Salsa, Corn Black Bean Red Pepper Salsa, and Black Bean Dip.
Caesar Potato Wedges Recipe by the Garlic Box
- The Garlic Box Caesar Dressing and Dip 3 tbsp
- 2 Fresh or Frozen Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
- 5 Potatoes, quartered
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a small bowl, mix Caesar Dressing, garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until almost done – about 10 minutes. Do not overcook as potatoes will break apart. Drain and let cool.
3) Preheat oven broiler. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
4) Arrange potatoes in prepared baking tray. Spoon Caesar and Italian mixture over potatoes. Place on prepared grill and cook until potatoes are tender, and Caesar and Italian mixture is lightly browned – about 10 minutes.
We strongly suggest…
Saucy Dotty Gourmet Sauces
How do I use thee let me count the ways…
Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce is bold, with a balanced partnership of sweet and savory. It can be used as a straight-up sauce, marinade, glaze, dip, pizza base, drizzled over nachos, on top of sliders, tossed with chicken wings, in pulled pork taquitos or tacos and also gives a good kick to grilled cheese sandwiches and club sandwiches.
Saucy Dotty Taquitos
1. Spread a thin layer of pulled pork over tortillas
2. Sprinkle shredded old cheddar over the pork
3. Add a dollop more of our sauce, if you wish
4. Roll up tortilla, with the seem facing down, and heat up in the microwave or oven, until the cheese is melted.
How to prepare pulled pork?
Pulled Pork and Saucy Dotty Sauce
2 to 3 lbs pork tenderloin
1 to 2 cups Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce
1. Place pork tenderloin in crock pot on medium-high heat, and cooking until it begins falling apart.
2. Once cooked, place in a bowl and shred with two forks.
3. Place shredded pork back into crock pot, and add 1 to 2 cups of your choice of Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce.
Easy Oven Baked Meatballs
Filling and delicious. These meatballs make the perfect game day hors d’oeuvre served by themselves with just a toothpick.
1 lbs lean ground beef
2 tsp garlic
2 tbs parsley
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup fresh Parmigiana Reggiano
1 large egg
2 cups Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce (Not to be added to meatball mixture)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, and roll into 1 inch balls.
3. Bake in oven, turning often until browned on all sides.
4. Place cooked meatballs in crock pot. Pour 2 cups of your choice of Saucy Dotty’s Gourmet Sauce, and heat through.
Prep: 5 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Ready in 25 Min
1/2 lbs the Village Grocer Bacon
1/2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup Saucy Dotty’s “Original” Gourmet Sauce
1 small onion, chopped
2 15oz cans baked beans with pork
1. Cook bacon until done. Drain, cut into small pieces and place in crock pot with beans.
2. Cook hamburger and onions in same skillet as the bacon was cooked in. When hamburger and onions are done, drain and add to the crock pot.
3. Add Saucy Dotty’s “Original” Gourmet Sauce to the mix, and turn on high. When beans are hot, turn down to low for remainder of cooking time.
Bitterballen and Croquettes in Herma’s Freezer
Celebrate game day the way the Dutch do with croquettes and a little mustard. Goes great with beer!
Just three ingredients…
Manoucher Basil Loaf – Italian Meatballs – fresh Parmigiana Reggiano
Other game day foods of special mention at Herma’s?
The Village Grocer Guinness Pork Sausage – Chili Con Carne – Macaroni & Cheese – Herma’s Signature Beer Cheese Spread – Frontier’s Ski Country Chili Mix all natural soup mixes – Torres Potato Chips – Nachos – Chorizo Sausage from Spain -Blue Cheese Salami – Prosciutto – Fennel Salami – Porchetta Ham – Hot and Mild Salami – an amazing selection of cheeses (Cahill’s Original Irish Porter for instance) – crackers – Manoucher’s Baguette
Finish up your meal with Apple Pie from the Big Apple located in our freezers and Tate’s Bake Shop Chocolate Chip Cookies. Yum!