Herma’s News – Getting ready for Valentine’s Day and Savings
Come what sorrow can. It cannot countervail the exchange of joy that one short minute gives me in her sight. – William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet – Act 2, Scene 6
February has arrived, and with it thoughts of hearts, red roses, cozy foods-for-two along with tokens of appreciation for friends and family. While some may be skeptical of the holiday, really, what could be more appropriate than a holiday that celebrates romantic love?
Even if some of us are not experiencing it ourselves at the moment, at least we can celebrate its existence with movies and a fun night out with friends reminiscing.
To get you geared up for the holiday we have come up with a few gift suggestions to inspire.
8 Valentine’s Day Gift Suggestions
1. Gift Baskets are Herma’s specialty and absolutely gorgeous. There are a few available within the store, but we especially enjoy taking custom-orders so that you may make it personal. Call 905-885-9250 or stop by to place your order.
2. A small bag of Fraktals placed on a gold, marble heart has been wrapped and adorned with a pretty permanent botanical rose. By themselves you may fall short of the wow factor expected on Valentine’s Day, however placed together you will certainly make the person you are giving it to feel really special.
3. Our gift certificates wrapped in red are the perfect gift for the person that has it all. Beautifully packaged, a gift certificate allows your loved one to shop for what they really want.
4. Platter of cheese and charcuterie for two or more may be wrapped in cellophane and adorned with a beautiful bow. Enjoy a night in front of the fire with a beautiful cheese platter for two. Don’t forget the wine!
5. Find fondue pots and accessories for Fondue that will have you set for a night of pleasing all your senses and that of your companion. Whether you choose yummy, melted cheese or oozing, hot chocolate, it will be a night to remember.
6. Beautiful fragrances for men and women may be found at Herma’s that will please both the giver and the receiver. Either way you’ll have your partner smelling sexy.
7. Vidda’s stylish jewelry and one of our very soft, pretty Giving Shawls both say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day. They may be wrapped for beautiful presentation on Valentine’s Day for just $10.
8. Jacqueline Kent’s fun fashion pieces are NOW 50% off and would make a charming gift of glam to give your girlfriends on your night out. Have each one placed in a little Herma’s bag with tissue.
Valentine’s Day Baking with Dreamfarm
We can’t say enough about Dreamfarm’s kitchen tools and the people that design them. They are so innovative which makes baking and cooking in the kitchen so much easier.
The Mini Supoon has a flat squeegee, teaspoon size tip which makes it flexible for scraping sides of jars and bowls. Like the regular-sized Supoon, when you put it down its head sits up off the counter for no mess.
Set of 4 Levup measuring cups are clearly marked with cup, ounce and millilitre measuring lines for liquids. For dry ingredients, the Levup’s handle squeezes together to make a scraper swipe across and push off any excess, leaving you with a perfectly level and accurate measurement.
Herma’s Cheese Shop
The roads might be slippery in the next couple of days, but we are still expecting a shipment of some really amazing cheeses this Friday which are meant to exude romance.
What we expect…Special Cheese for Valentine’s Day
St. Angel Triple Cream – Bouchette with Rose Petals – Chateau de Borgogne – a French Brie with Truffles – Crottin – Chabichou du Poitou – St. Agur – and so much more
Fingers crossed that these soft, sexy cheeses will arrive in time for the weekend!
Valentine’s Day Cheese Platter Tips
For a Valentine’s Day cheese and charcuterie platter consider cheese condiments that contain raspberry or cherry and be sure to include some chocolate (an aphrodisiac, wink, wink). Breadsticks wrapped with prosciutto and our Signature Goat Cheese Rounds served from your favourite crystal would be lovely too. And I believe we still have mini fondue pots lit by tea candles – perfect for a special addition to your cheese platter and great for dipping cubes of baguette.
Ask Janis, Margaret or Herma to slice your Prosciutto, Porchetta Ham and Fennel Salami (regular and spicy) to your liking. We also carry packaged salami and sausage both in the Cheese Shop and around the corner in our coolers as well.
Cuisipro’s OPUS Pots and Pan Set (10-piece pan set Reg. $600 NOW $235)
Jacqueline Kent’s fun jewelry (50% off)
Emile Henry’s Red Place Settings (16-piece set Reg. $410 NOW $205 AND 12-piece set Reg. $280 NOW $140)
We look forward to seeing you in coming days.
Stay safe and be well.
Herma’s Fine Foods & Gifts