Herma’s News – Celebrate Oscar Night in Style!
There are new words now that excuse everybody. Give me the good old days of heroes and villains, the people you can bravo or hiss. There was a truth to them that all the slick credulity of today cannot touch. – Bette Davis
As all eyes look toward Hollywood this Sunday because of the Oscars, we are thinking of ways to enjoy watching the Oscars. Like what products in the store might best make us feel like stars ourselves, as if we have just walked the red carpet. We also want you to feel like a winner. For the possibility of becoming a winner at Herma’s, be sure to sign up for the…
And the winner is…Oscars Draw
Fill out your name and number on ballot for your chance to win a $50 gift certificate from Herma’s. Ballot box will be located at front desk on Saturday and Sunday. Name will be drawn end of day Sunday.
10 ways to make your Oscar Night more glamourous.
- Set out a box of Godiva Chocolates to be enjoyed throughout the evening.
- Pair Brix Chocolate with wine for a unique wine tasting experience.
- Enjoy rich, decadent cheeses that pair well with champagne.
- Drink your beverage of choice from crystal Champagne flutes to toast the winners.
- Serve Herma’s Signature Products from your finest crystal.
- Allow your fondue pot to overflow with hot, oozing chocolate for dipping.
- Enjoy a luxurious bath with special bubble bath and scented candles. Lather up with velvety smooth body lotion afterwards.
- Dim the lights, and for ambiance, fill your home with Candles (Realite candles are safest).
- Add glamour to your outfit with a little sparkle from our Jacqueline Kent Jewelry Collection.
- Treat yourself to a New York Striploin Steak from the Village Grocer for Dinner. They sell only the finest cuts.
Pairing wine with Brix Chocolate allows for a unique wine tasting experience. Brix Chocolate is specifically blended to compliment wine. Below are the different varieties of Brix Chocolate and how they should be paired.
Extra Dark pairs with Cabernet Sauvignon & Bordeaux – Medium Dark pairs with Merlot, Shiraz & Zinfandel – Smooth Dark pairs with Champagne, Riesling, & Pinot Noir – Milk Chocolate pairs with Port, Sherry, Dessert Wines, Rose, & Ice Wine
Savings at Herma’s – Godiva Boxed Chocolates 25% off for limited time only.
Village Grocer Weekly Special – Starting Thursday
25% off Prime Rib Stew (800 grams, was $21.95, NOW $16.50) & Green Pea Soup (900 ml, was $8.95, NOW $6.75 )
25% off Mini Quiche – Asparagus, Spinach, Mushroom, Broccoli, Lorraine, and Roasted Vegetable
25% off Meat Pies (small only) – Turkey, Chicken, and Turkey Mushroom
While Supply Lasts.
Try delicious, creamy cheeses that pair beautifully with Champagne for a decadently glamorous Oscar Night Celebration. Cheeses we carry that fit the bill are Chateau de Bourgogne and Brie de Meaux. Be sure to purchase your Oscar Night Cheese early before they are all bought up.
Featured Cheese this Weekend
Applewood Smoked Cheddar
Sampled this weekend will be Applewood from Ilchester in Somerset, England. This delicious, flavorful cheese is a smooth, creamy, smoke-flavored cheddar.
Applewood is not actually smoked but dusted and rolled in paprika for a golden-amber appearance. The cheese can be crumbled or grated over pasta or baked potato, and also melted on pork chops for a great smokey taste. Pairs well with sweet apples, raisins, and your favorite ale.
Good News! Spring has sprung at Herma’s.
NEW Jaqueline Kent, Baggalini, Michel Design, UNO de 50 Jewelry, and pretty, springtime napkins may be found throughout the store in coming days.
This includes a NEW Herma’s Collection by Jacqueline Kent which was inspired by Herma and her signature look of wearing pearls.
We hope you will visit us in the near future and that your weekend is filled with lots of glamour and fun.
Herma’s Fine Foods & Gifts