Sea Bream with Citrus Fruit and Shallots on a bed of Fennel RECIPE
Sea Bream En Papillote
with Citrus Fruit and Shallots, on a Bed of Fennel
Recipe by Emile Henry using their Papillote Dish which may be found at Herma’s.
1 Sea Bream 2 1/2 pounds
1 Untreated Orange
2 Untreated Lemons
4 Large Shallots
2 Fennel Bulbs
Olive Oil 5 fl oz
2 Sprigs of Dill
Fine Salt and freshly Ground Pepper
Flaked Almonds 1 1/2 tbsp
- Preheat oven 410 F
- Rinse the sea bream and dry thoroughly
- Slice the Fennel thinly, cover with juice of one lemon & olive oil 1.7 fl oz, season with s and p, mix together and leave to marinate for 15 min.
- Chop the shallots.
- Finely grate the zest of the orange.
- Toast the flaked almonds in a dry frying pan.
- Cut the second lemon into fairly thick slices.
- Put sea bream in middle of the dish with marinated fennel and its juice around it.
- Cut into the skin of the sea bream several times diagonally with a sharp knife and season with s & p.
- Place lemon slices evenly on top & pour orange juice and the rest of olive oil over it.
- Sprinkle with shallots, the grated orange zest & toasted almonds.
- Place the sprigs of dill around the fish.
- Place in oven with lid on and cook at 410 F for 25 to 30 minutes.