The beautiful spring came; and when Nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also. – Harriet Ann Jacobs
What better way to enjoy the outdoors than to cook up something delicious on the barbecue. Below is a fantastic recipe from Emile Henry that we thought you might enjoy.
Time for enjoying the grill outdoors.
We highly recommend using Emile Henry Ceramic Barbecue Cookware.
Fish Grill – Pizza Stone – Grilling Stone
Emile Henry’s Fish Grill ensures that your fish remains tender while keeping its delicate smoked flavour. It also allows you to cook your fish with a marinade like with the recipe below…
Emile Henry Fish Grill Recipe
Grilled Cod Fillet with Fresh Herbs, Mushroom Crust and Parmesan
3.3lbs cod fille
½ cup hazelnut oil – 3 ½ tbsp lemon juice – 2 medium shallots – 1 bunch of chives – 1 bunch of chervil – 1 tbsp acacia hone
1 ½ oz softened butter – 7 oz button mushrooms – 1 whole egg – 1 ½ oz breadcrumbs – 2 tbs grated Parmesan – Fine salt and ground pepper
1. One hour before cooking, cut the cod fillet into large squares and arrange them on the Fish Grill.
2. Finely chop the chives, chervil and shallots and mix them with the hazelnut oil, lemon juice and acacia honey to obtain a smooth mixture.
3. Generously coat the cod fillets with the mixture and leave to marinate for 1 hour at room temperature, covering the dish with cling film.
4. Chop the mushrooms in an electric mixer and sweat in a non-stick frying pan until no liquid remains, adding salt and pepper at the end.
5. When the mushrooms are cold, mix with the softened butter, beaten egg, grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
6. Pre-heat the barbeque for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
7. Place the Fish Grill on top with the cod and marinade inside.
8. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid open, frequently drizzling the marinade over the fish, adding salt and pepper.
9. Spread the mushroom crust on the fillets and finish cooking for 5 minutes with the lid closed.
Emile Henry Pizza Stone
This ceramic pizza dish allows you to prepare, cook, cut, and serve your pizza directly from the pan. Expect a pizza with crusty base that has been heated evenly throughout. It may be used on the oven or directly on the Barbecue.
Find fantastic Pizza with grilled Aubergines, Prosciutto, Mozzarella and Green Pesto Recipe by going to the following link…
or by visiting our blog at hermas.ca.
Welcome Members of the Antique Automobile Club of America.
We look forward to your arrival on Sunday, May 27th. Safe travels!
Renee’s Tour the Mediterranean Cooking Class is this Saturday!
Thanks to all who signed up to attend. We are very excited about this event with its fantastic array of foods.
We hear wedding bells!
We have a lovely array of home décor items and world class cookware that will make beautiful gifts.
If you or someone you know is having a wedding in coming months be sure to consider registering with us. We offer complimentary gift wrap on regular priced gifts and will arrange for delivery.
Just call Taco at 905-885-9250 or email him at email@example.com.
We hope you will come and see us as you plan picnics and entertain on the patio. Of course cheese is a must and we are always delighted to be of assistance as you make your choices.
Back Forty’s Calabogie Blue
We can’t say enough about this blue cheese. It is mild and mouth-wateringly tasty. Enjoy on its own or with other foods. Crumble over salads or melt over a juicy hamburger or steak.
We hope you have a fantastic weekend and that you will come and see us soon.
Best wishes fun times in May!
Herma’s Fine Foods & Gifts