Pacific Wildfire Nacho Cheese Dip Recipe
Pacific Wildfire Queso
photos by Natural Pastures Cheese Company
– Whole Milk
– Worcestershire sauce
– Dijon Mustard
– Garlic Powder
– Smoked Paprika
– Salt and Pepper
– Pacific Wildfire cheese
1) Melt 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a medium hot saucepan.
2) Add 3 tablespoons of flour to soak up the butter, stirring to create a roux. This will make a thick paste.
In a slow and steady stream, whisk in the milk. The mixture may be chunky at first, but continue to whisk and it will come together.
3) Whisk in your beer of choice. This recipe will work with a wide variety of beers, but we don’t recommend anything too bitter, too sour, or too fruity. Stick with anything light to medium and easy drinking. We like a Side Project Amber Lager or a 33 Acres of Nirvana.
4) Now to add some flavours: Add a few dashes of Worcestershire, it adds a lovely je ne c’est quoi and should not be skipped here. Dijon mustard is also a classic. For extra heat, try Keens, an English hot mustard. But only a little!
5) A dash of garlic powder and a dash of smoked paprika for more smokiness. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
6) Grate in a cup of Pacific Wildfire and stir to melt and incorporate.