Herma’s News – Lunch in the Afternoon and That Perfect Gift
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about. –
A small, summer lunch with a friend can be just as special as an elaborate dinner for many. Consider preparing something special, yet light and easy, for you and friends this week. Find delicious foods for your special lunch at Herma’s, and while there, don’t forget to shop for gifts you might need for upcoming birthdays or to show someone you care.
That Perfect Gift
At Herma’s you never know what you’ll find when shopping for a gift. Whether it be a whimsical statue, beautiful smelling lotions and soaps, to-die-for chocolate or a stunningly wrapped gift certificate, we have you covered.
Lunch in the Afternoon
For a special summer luncheon with friends on the patio, Herma suggests offering Potato Salad, Leafy Green Salad and thinly sliced Porchetta. The result? A heavenly meal – refreshing, light, flavourful and easy.
Potato Salad Recipe
– 3 lbs small white potatoes*
– 6 strips of Prosciutto*
– 1 small sweet onion, diced
– 3/4 cup of Garlic Box Caesar Dressing & Dip*
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– zest and juice from lemon
– 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese*
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard*
– baby romaine lettuce leaves
– lemon wedges
1. In a large pot of salted water, cook the potatoes until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, cut in half or quarters and set aside to completely cool, or refrigerate.
2. Place the prosciutto slices on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 400F oven or toaster oven until crispy. Remove and set aside.
3. To make the dressing, combine the Caesar Dressing & Dip, yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and zest along with the Parmesan cheese. Whisk until combined.
4. Add the dressing to the potatoes. Toss well. Crumble 4 of the prosciutto pieces and add to the salad. Stir to combine. Season with freshly cracked pepper and additional salt if needed.
5. Place the potato salad in a large bowl (or individual bowls), garnish with remaining slices of prosciutto, lemon wedges, and romaine leaves.
*= Items found at Herma’s
Leafy Green Salad with Clementines and Cashews
- Add leafy greens to 4 plates.
- Top with slices of clementine.
- Sprinkle each plate with 2 tablespoons of blue cheese and 2 tablespoons of cashews.
- Drizzle with Rootham’s Peach Poppyseed Salad Dressing and add a smidgen of cracked pepper.
Rootham’s Peach Poppyseed Dressing combines fresh Ontario peaches and cantaloupe, balanced with a zest of citrus and ginger.
Porchetta from Italy
Herma’s Signature Products – Tried and true for over 15 years!
At Herma’s we are very proud of our signature products and how beautifully delicious they are as appetizers, hors d’eouvres and yummy snacks. Made fresh weekly in our very own kitchen.
This week’s featured Signature Product…
Lemo-licious is a lemony cream cheese delight made with fresh herbs. It is refreshingly lovely by itself, but also divine placed on cracker or melba round with salmon and dill.
A La Rocca Finish
The Original Super Caramel Crunch Cake – Truffle Royale Cake – Brownie Chocolate Cheesecake
We hope to see you soon and that you have a lovely weekend full of warm memories.
All of us at Herma’s
Herma’s Fine Foods and Gifts