Herma’s Capon Preparation – Have ready the day before!
Herma’s Capon Preparation
Herma’s recipe allows you to prepare your turkey or capon the day before it is served which allows you to be less hassled on Thanksgiving day.
- Gently roast Capon to perfection and let cool.
- Remove legs from Capon. Cut breast in half. Slice both halves and place in middle of platter.
- Remove dark meat from bones and assemble around reassembled bird.
Also place wings as decoration on each side.
- Drizzle with gravy for moisture.
Secret is to cover plate with Saran Wrap and then also with aluminum foil. Refrigerate.
- Remove from fridge a couple of hours before serving so that it may come to room temperature.
- Heat in oven at 300-325 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve with piping hot gravy.
Ordering Turkeys and Capons
We are now taking orders for the Village Grocer Turkeys, Capons, Ham, Gravey, Stuffing and Cranberries.
Order by Wednesday, October 9th. Earliest pick-up is Friday, October 11th.
Small 7 lbs – Medium 9 lbs – Large 10lbs
Small 15 lbs – Medium 18 lbs – Large 20 lbs
Tip: For turkeys you will want to order a pound of turkey per guest.