Classic Hot Brown
- 2 oz. Whole Butter
- 2 oz. All Purpose Flour
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. Whole Milk
- 3/4 Cup of Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 14 oz. Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast, Slice Thick
- 4 Slices of Manoucher’s Nak’d Loaf
- 4 Slices of Crispy Bacon
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Sliced in Half
In a two?quart saucepan, melt butter and slowly whisk in flour until combined and becomes thick. Continue to cook for two minutes over medium?low heat, stirring frequently. Whisk heavy cream and whole milk into the cream and cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 2?3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and slowly whisk in 1/2 Cup of Pecorino Romano cheese until smooth. The cream is now a Mornay sauce. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
For each plate, place two slices of toast with the crusts cut off in an oven safe dish – one slice is cut in half to make two triangles and the other slice is left in a square shape to be placed in between the triangles – then cover with 7 ounces of turkey. Place slices of Roma tomato alongside the base of the turkey. Next, pour one half of the Mornay sauce to completely cover the dish. Sprinkle with additional Pecorino Romano cheese. Place the entire dish under a broiler until cheese begins to brown and bubble. Remove from broiler, cross two pieces of crispy bacon on top, sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Cranberry Turkey Wraps
- The Garlic Box’s Cranberry Garlic Preserve with Rum
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 6 lettuce leaves
Just before serving, spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese over each tortilla. Top with 3-4 tablespoons, Cranberry Garlic Preserve, 1/2 cup turkey and a lettuce leaf, smidgen of pepper to taste, roll up.
Cashew Turkey Salad Sandwiches
- Stonewall Kitchen Buttermilk Cracked Peppercorn Dressing
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Stir together, dressing, turkey, celery, apricots and cashews.
- Line half of the bread slices with lettuce. Top with turkey mixture and remaining bread.